Susanne has first-hand experience of how stressful project management can be. As a result of working in a high-pressure environment for several years, her body became infested with stress to the point where she could barely walk. She was forced to slow down and make some important changes in her work and life.
Susanne’s story is not unusual. Almost all project managers have experienced stress on their projects and far too many suffer from ill health as a result. Whereas short bursts of stress can have a positive effect on performance, prolonged stress is harmful and can cause burnout. In this presentation Susanne will share her personal story and provide tips and insights that can help you stay clear of negative stress and work within your zone of peak performance.
Susanne’s presentation will help you to:
- Balance positive and negative stress
- Avoid chronic stress that can lead to burn-out
- Understand why you are prone to overworking yourself
- Set boundaries and deal with challenging client behaviour
- Respond appropriately to situations as opposed to over-reacting
- Develop skills that lead to more productive thoughts and habits
- Increase your wellbeing as a project and change manager
PMI Talent Triangle: Power Skills (Leadership)